- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 50-100gr butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- For Glaze:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/2 of the sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
Then add to the mixture soda and baking powder and combine all together with the butter , sugar and eggs – Whisk all until it smooth
- On a slow speed beat in 1/3 of flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of the left sour cream mixture, and repeat, ending with the last 1/3 of the flour mixture. Be sure to pause the mixer occasionally to scrape down sides of the bowl. Use a spatula to gently fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes, until top springs back when lightly pressed or a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely before icing.
- To make glaze, whisk together lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar until there are no lumps. Drizzle over cooled cake.