- 3 large egg at room temperture
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2-1 tea spoon of baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a regular cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla and rum. Don’t worry if the batter looks grainy.
- Then mix Soda with little lemon juice
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in some of the chopped apples.
- May also add dry cranberries.
- The rest of the apples align on the bottom of the the prepared pan and pure the cake batter on top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cake is lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool until just warm.
Another recipe: French Apple Cake