This tart is so delicious and most amazingly its so good for you and made without diary and gluten. And I didnt used sugar at all. I most like the combination of the sweet dates with the sour taste of raspberries which make its not too sweet and very delicious flavour of nuts and coconut.
1½ cups raw almonds ( or possibly to mix half almonds half walnuts )
1 cup soft medjool dates
1 table spoon of coconut oil
1½ cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least an hour
* I use Breville Boss™ Blender so it can crash it as is, but it depends on your type of blender – the more powerful the less you can leave it to soak.
½ cup 100% coconut milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Raspberries for decoration or any other berries for your taste.
1. In the bowl of a food processor or blender mix the oil, almonds and dates into a mixture.
If the mixture is too dry you can add a little more of coconut oil or coconut water to help to soften a little.
2. With wet hands, transfer the crust mixture into a tart pan, gently pressing an even layer on the bottom and sides of the pan. And transfer the crust to the freezer.
3. Add the soaked cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Pour the filling into the frozen crust and use a spatula to create an even surface.
5. Decorate the top with raspberries or other berries.
6. Refrigerate tart for at least one hour.