- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt (I use 4%)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons very ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oat flour blended oats
- 1 cup white unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda in a little lemon juice or apple vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup lightly packed grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup blended dates
- 1/2 cup blended almonds
Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour one bread pan.
In a bowl, stir together the yogurt, vanilla extract, eggs and coconut oil.
In a small bowl, mash the banana really well. The banana is very important for binding of the bread and a lower calorie sweetening. The more ripe – the better.
Stir in the banana and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, stir together the oat flour with white flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the dry to the wet and mix until just combined.
Stir in the grated zucchini – Make sure you have thoroughly dried the zucchini to keep it from being too wet/watery in the finished bread. I do this using paper towels and squeezing the grated zucchini. (See video tutorial here)
- Add Almonds and Dates and mix gently.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the center comes out clean and the bread has begun to slightly pull away from the sides.
If needed tent some tin foil over the top to keep the top from over-cooking.
Modified from: : Healthy Greek Yogurt Zucchini Bread