VEGAN CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS ( DAIRY, EGG and GF* FREE)
You’d never guess these incredibly moist Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins have zero eggs and are packed with protein and veggie! Easy healthy breakfasts on-the-go.
- ½ cup oat flour mill
- ¼ cup walnut or almond meal
- ½ cup unbleached wheat flour or GF chickpeas flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder ( I used half cacao half carob)
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda with 1tbs of lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 small over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini (don’t squeeze water out)
- Egg replacement: ½ cup of coconut oil or vegetable with 2 tbs of chia seeds
- ¼ cup of coconut water or almond milk or non dairy milk
- Optional: ¼ cup cacao nibs or chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 380F. Grease muffin tins and set aside.
- Separately mix chia seeds with the oil and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile place all the dry ingredients: oats, flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl, stirring until combined.
- Blend the zucchini in a mixer together with bananas, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet mixture with the dry ingredients and soda with lemon juice.
- Fold in cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Fill sprayed muffin tin evenly. Optional top each muffin with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set (380F )