- Measure 350 ml of filtered water (at room temperature) and place it into a glass bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons of raw honey, until it melts and turns into a liquid
- Add 80 gr (4 full tbsp) of sourdough starter to the water mixture and mix well.
**Learn how to make your own sourdough starter here
- Measure out 600 grams of 100% whole spelt flour and add to it 10 grams of sea salt and stir.
- Pour the liquid mixture (Water, honey and sourdough into Mixer bowel (I use Kenwood Chef) and start adding gradually the flour with salt.
- Let it mix for 7-10 minutes until all blended and give it a few minutes rest.
- Meanwhile feed your Sourdough Starter with the same amount of flour and water ( add 80gr of Rye flour + 80gr of filtered water)
- Now go back to the dough and turn on the mixer on low power and let it mix the dough for 10 min or until the dough combined into a ball.
You know its enough when the dough is sticky and elastic.
- Put a little oil on a baking paper and your hands so the dough doesn’t stick. And pick it up to fold into the baking paper, on flat surface.
Pick up the dough, stretch it, then fold it. And stretch once again in the opposite direction. I do it 3-4 times.
- Place the dough into the glass bread baking bowl or cast iron pan and cover. Allow it to sit overnight between 8-12 hours.
It should double in size, but it all depends on the weather and how warm your kitchen is.
This is how my dough look like in the morning after _ hours.
- Bake in a 400º-450º F for 35 min with a lid or allow to bake for 10 additional minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 195º-200º F.
other recipes: https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/how-to-make-a-real-sourdough-spelt-loaf/